Thanksgiving wrap up, ENT visit

Oliver had an appointment with the ENT yesterday. Everything looks great! The tubes are in the proper place and he is all healed from his surgery last month. We had another visit with the audiologist, who declared his hearing as “normal.” It was totally amazing to see him respond to the sounds this time verses last time. I could barely hear some of the stuff he responded to. They did want to test each ear on its own, but that involved letting them hold something to his head for 30 seconds. Ollie refused, so at this time they can’t tell me if he is hearing “normally” in both ears or just in one.

Oliver is meeting with a speech therapist and with a DSI once a week, and those appointments seem to be going well. Oliver’s speech seems to be improving some. He is clearer and has been adding new words.

Landon is doing well in school. He’s in an afterschool Karate class and he loves it, which is cool. He’s still doing his swim class, which is only 30 minutes a week, but he’s up to level six and still really enjoys it.

I had some paid photography shoots recently which made me rather happy. I enjoy doing the portraits and the weddings both!

Thanksgiving went well. My Uncle Jack and little brother Sam seemed to enjoy Bobby’s cooking. Bobby did ALL the cooking, with the exception of the French Silk Chocolate Cream Pie, which I had made the day before.

After we ate dinner we trucked over to Bobby’s parents’ house. We didn’t see most of the family this time, but Mickey thought Ollie was doing better, and was overall impressed with his behavior. She does think that Ollie is a lot like Bobby was as a child, personality wise. I’ve wondered if some of his issues might not be pure stubbornness and a predilection to take after his eclectic father.

Thursday night I went combat shopping. This was the first year we went out at night, rather than in the very early morning, and it worked out rather well. We hit Michael’s first, and I got some good deals. The nephews are getting science kits and books for Christmas from us. Science kits were well priced at Michael’s. After that we hit Wal-Mart, which was a bit crazy, but went well overall. I didn’t get some of the T-shirts I wanted to grab Landon, but I got almost everything else on my list. We swung through Walgreens and then went to Target. We got to Target at 11:30, and got in line to enter. The line was super long. They opened the doors at Midnight and began letting people in. We did not get into the store until 12:30AM. It took that long for the line to move that much. Still we were home by 2AM! Not too bad! I’m about 80% done Christmas shopping at this point.

Friday was Henchgiving, and here is a picture of everyone who attended, except for two people who wandered in late (and not including the children, as they were playing) (Also I noticed someone is ducking, and you can only see the top of his head!):
Henchgiving 2011-24

Dinner was much fun, and Oliver was SO GOOD! He was happy and babbling and sat in my lap with a smile despite staying up late. Everyone thought he was making more talking noises, saying random things, and being much more open and interactive! I was so happy and so proud of him.

Overall things are going well. I’m attempting to find my Christmas Spirit, because I am excited for the season, but having trouble catching the mood this year for some reason.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: