icu updating

It was a really rought night.
They spent yesterday backing off of the Epinephrine, NorEpinephrine, and dopamine that was keeping his blood pressure up. These were drugs they gave him on Saturday to keep him alive, and basically what they are doing is keeping his blood pressure up.
Last night, his blood pressure dropped dangerously low again, and they had to re-up all the drugs again.
Basically, as far as I can tell, the measuring stick for him improving at this point is tied to these meds. Once he can go off or down on these meds, that will mean he is getting better.

He’s still having some issues, although last night they managed to help him keep his body temperature close to normal. He’s been running cold since we got to ICU. his temp has been around 35 or 36 (37 is 98.6, or normal) and it still looks like they have stopped the seizures.

Basically, he’s stable, but not really improving at this point. Our nurse last night thought that maybe we were pushing to hard, backing the meds off to soon and too fast.

Ollie is a fighter, he’s doing his best. We may go in for a catscan today just to check and see if he has any damage from the seizures or if anything specific is going on in there. It all depends on how stable he is.

Ollie is also on a bunch of other drugs to help with pain, keep him out of it, and fight off bacterial and viral infection. I’m guessing he’ll be in the hospital another week or so, and that’s assuming things go well. Basically once they can get him off the machines that are breathing for him and the drugs maintaining him, then it will probably be another 24-48 hours in ICU AFTER everything comes off, and then another 48-72 hours in general care. And then we might be able to take him home at that point

They think the breathing issues he was having were more related to his seizures, but they are keeping him on the respirator to be safe. So far all his test results for everything have been negative, which isn’t necessarily a good thing, as it means we still don’t know specifically what is causing all this. It’s an infection of some sort, but we ruled out the flu and a bunch of other things.

Oliver is O positive for blood type, and they keep giving him fresh frozen plasma to help his numbers.
Everyone keeps asking me if they can do anything to help. I’ve thought of something you can do. If you have time, and you are healthy enough too, go give blood Oliver might need it, after all.

I’m missing Landon pretty hardcore. I haven’t seen him since Thursday morning. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to see him today. Grandma is going to bring him someplace nearby, and I’m going to take an hour away from Oliver to see Landon.

I’m still very frightened. please keep sending Ollie good vibes and prayers. The past few days have been very bad. I’m praying he improves soon. I’d be so thrilled to watch him open his eyes, or even to hear him make some noise. Mostly I want to hold him, but it’s just not really possible with all the wires. They are talking about possibly removing the EEG machines today, which means they won’t be monitoring for seizures anymore, but at the same time, that will be a big step to being able to hold him. I think it just depends on if they get the cat scan in today or not, and the results of the scan.

icu update

It was a really rought night.
They spent yesterday backing off of the Epinephrine, NorEpinephrine, and dopamine that was keeping his blood pressure up. These were drugs they gave him on Saturday to keep him alive, and basically what they are doing is keeping his blood pressure up.
Last night, his blood pressure dropped dangerously low again, and they had to re-up all the drugs again.
Basically, as far as I can tell, the measuring stick for him improving at this point is tied to these meds. Once he can go off or down on these meds, that will mean he is getting better.

He’s still having some issues, although last night they managed to help him keep his body temperature close to normal. He’s been running cold since we got to ICU. his temp has been around 35 or 36 (37 is 98.6, or normal) and it still looks like they have stopped the seizures.

Basically, he’s stable, but not really improving at this point. Our nurse last night thought that maybe we were pushing to hard, backing the meds off to soon and too fast.

Ollie is a fighter, he’s doing his best. We may go in for a catscan today just to check and see if he has any damage from the seizures or if anything specific is going on in there. It all depends on how stable he is.

Ollie is also on a bunch of other drugs to help with pain, keep him out of it, and fight off bacterial and viral infection. I’m guessing he’ll be in the hospital another week or so, and that’s assuming things go well. Basically once they can get him off the machines that are breathing for him and the drugs maintaining him, then it will probably be another 24-48 hours in ICU AFTER everything comes off, and then another 48-72 hours in general care. And then we might be able to take him home at that point

They think the breathing issues he was having were more related to his seizures, but they are keeping him on the respirator to be safe. So far all his test results for everything have been negative, which isn’t necessarily a good thing, as it means we still don’t know specifically what is causing all this. It’s an infection of some sort, but we ruled out the flu and a bunch of other things.

Oliver is O positive for blood type, and they keep giving him fresh frozen plasma to help his numbers.
Everyone keeps asking me if they can do anything to help. I’ve thought of something you can do. If you have time, and you are healthy enough too, go give blood Oliver might need it, after all.

I’m missing Landon pretty hardcore. I haven’t seen him since Thursday morning. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to see him today. Grandma is going to bring him someplace nearby, and I’m going to take an hour away from Oliver to see Landon.

I’m still very frightened. please keep sending Ollie good vibes and prayers. The past few days have been very bad. I’m praying he improves soon. I’d be so thrilled to watch him open his eyes, or even to hear him make some noise. Mostly I want to hold him, but it’s just not really possible with all the wires. They are talking about possibly removing the EEG machines today, which means they won’t be monitoring for seizures anymore, but at the same time, that will be a big step to being able to hold him. I think it just depends on if they get the cat scan in today or not, and the results of the scan.