Landon doesn’t feel well.
He had a cold for the past few days, a little congestion, a cough, nothing major.
Last night it turned into something major. We don’t know what yet. It wasn’t hospital bad. But he was up most of the night being fussy. I’m at work, but I’m going home early (soon) and TCing the rest of the day to help take care of Lan, who is currently home with Bobby.
Bobby is has called the doctor and we have an appointment today at 1pm. My best guess is an ear infection.
Work is just crazed. The guy who is training me because he has the next 8 weeks off and I am covering for him is not in the office. He’ll be in this afternoon. So we are going to get together virtually. That means that currently there is nothing for me to do, but I need to stay at work anyway. This also means that once I get home I will have work to actually do at home, instead of just being available for ERs.
I hate being here when Landon needs me.
Last night was icky. Bobby was on for Landon duty. We put Landon to bed about 15 minutes early (7:15), because he was being fussy. At 9 he woke up, and I calmed him down and put him back down. A little while later he woke again, and I could tell it wasn’t normal waking. I asked Bobby to go downstairs now instead of waiting the few minutes we usually do. Bobby went, and turned off the monitor. A little while later, I assume a good 15 to 30 minutes, Bobby came and got me. Landon was inconsolable, would not go back down to sleep, and Bobby was worried we should take him to ER. I took Landon and managed to get him calm. He mostly, outwardly, just seemed congested. Holding him upright, seemed to really help. That’s how we spent most of the night, holding him upright and walking him, rocking him, and otherwise attempting to entertain him. He slept for a three hour block in our room, in his bassinet, from about 11pm to 2am. Other than that it was cat naps in our arms. Just fussy, crying, sometimes crying while we held him, mostly getting very upset when he was put down. Bobby said he hadn’t eaten as much as he usually does during the day, but he ate 10 oz for me after work, but before bed. He then ate another 8 oz at 2 am. This makes me think it isn’t tummy trouble. He wasn’t fevered last night, but he might have been this morning. We’ve been giving him Tylenol, and it seems to help.
Poor Baby.
I’m at work. Exhausted.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: